So I was nominated for a Liebster Award, though I am not sure what that is. To me it seems like a blog hop but I could be wrong. Carol http://orthodoxmom3.wordpress.com/2014/01/21/the-liebster-award/ , the person who nominated me, gave me 10 questions I need to answer then give the names of 10 other bloggers for you to visit and then they need to answer 10 questions from me. Unfortunatley I don’t know 10 bloggers. So what I will do is give you the ones I know at the bottom of this post but I am not going to hit them up with questions. But I suggest you visit their sites. There is a lot of great info on writing and just good writing to boot that you will discover. Onto question and answer time!
- What was your favorite book as a child or young adult and what made it your favorite?
My favorite Book/Series as a kid was the Belgariad by David Eddings, it’s the book series that started me down the reading path. I was never much of a reader as a kid and it wasn’t until maybe 12 or 13 when a friend of mine handed me Pawn of Prophesy (book 1) and said I should read it. It didn’t take long for me to be completely entrenched in the book. I loved the action, the magic, the humor, and I loved the characters. I read all 5 books in the series, which was huge for me at the time, considering before the Belgariad I only read the books I had to read for school.
- What do you consider your biggest accomplishment in life?
That’s simple, getting married and raising my kids. Though I’m only a few years into raising them so the jury is still out. Oh and mastering the whole potty thing early in life, that was a huge milestone. In fact when you think about it everything really hinges on that one thing. If I didn’t master that, then I probably don’t get married or have kids, because let’s be honest who would marry someone that never learned how to use the potty. So I guess I would have to change the order of my accomplishments.
1: Potty training
3: Raising children
- What is your idea of a perfect day or night?
Warm weather 80+, sitting on the beach with my wife and a cooler full of food and tasty beverages. The kids are quietly frolicking in the water or sand with no complaints. Yup, still waiting for that day.
- What do you consider your biggest challenge in life?
Raising my kids so they have the tools they need to be prepared for life. And beating my wife in Just Dance 4.
- What is your favorite food?
Not sure if Skittles count as a food, so I will go with baked stuffed shrimp.
- What is your biggest dream or goal you are working on or wish to reach?
Ever since accomplishing that potty thing at age 2 I’ve been pretty content with my life. But If I had to pick one I would love to have the Monster & Me series hit the NY Times Best Seller list.
- Give five words that describe a best friend. Do you have one? Tell about him or her if you wish.
My best friend from college
5. Big head (I don’t mean in a persona way I mean he physically has a big head. You know I’m talking about you Doug)
- What’s the one place in the world you would want to visit? Why?
Tahiti or Bora Bora.
The place looks beautiful and I hear it’s so laid back that time is meaningless.
- If you several million dollars in the lottery, what’s one thing you would do with it?
After distributing portions amongst family and charity, I would travel. First stop Tahiti.
- Tell one more thing about yourself that isn’t here and isn’t obvious by reading your blog.
When I was little Meg Ryan was my babysitter.
Bloggs I like to follow